The Symposium is part of the exhibition The Next Big Thing is Not a Thing and is partly derived from the research and publication Design Anthropology by Dr Yana Milev.
Eric Kluitenberg, Friedrich von Borries, Agata Jaworska, Tamar Sharon, Tamar Shafrir, and Sascha Glasl.
- Introduction by Saskia van Stein about the exhibition The Next Big Thing is Not a Thing
- Architect and educator in Design Theory Friedrich von Borries* on the politics of design, followed by a reaction from designer Bas van Beek.
- Architect Sascha Glasl on Space&Matter, a proactive architecture agency of spatial thinkers and makers.
- Media theorist Eric Kluitenberg on the function of self-produced media forms in the context of recently occupied public spaces.
- Philosopher and researcher Tamar Sharon on self-tracking technologies in personalised medicine and health.
- Writer and designer Tamar Shafrir on curating in the digital age and technological mediation in aesthetic encounter.
Date: 25 June 2016, 13:00 – 18:00
Locatie: Bureau Europa
Entrance: €5, including drinks
Please register via email@example.com.
We thank the Goethe-Institut for supporting this event, and Pathe Maastricht for making an auditorium available.
*This lecture is part of the global discussion series “Kritikmaschine.” Organisers are the Goethe-Institut and Kursbuch, one of Germany’s leading intellectual magazines.